Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wonderful World

I've just spent the first part of the morning searching for images from 1974. Please don't ask why; I'm not even sure I understand my own obsessions. Thanks to all the kids and this newfangled Internety-thing, images from that period abound. One site in particular stands out, and if you haven't already discovered the glory that is the 1974 Weight Watchers Recipe Cards, follow the link to that site immediately. In 1974, weight loss was obviously accomplished by turning food into "food."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember when I was a child,my mum would use steak or chicken and add some roasted veggies and wrap it up in pita for my dad's lunch.now every restaurant has wraps.food becomes in vogue with what the time dictates.I don't think i ever ate those dishes in 1974,although the veggie dish does look appetizing in 2008.i luv u el.tunsie.tunsie.tunsie